hi.

Thursday 20 May 2010

blue for the sky/and the colour gold



Photobucket

I walked down to the bike path today a tired woman (girl. whatever.).
It was one of those days where you feel like you're shaped wrongly for your skin. . . that inner abrasion or scraping uncomfiness. And you feel like brushing your teeth compulsively. Or running 100 kilometers. (Unfortunately Mr. Billy Blanks took care that I should be able to barely move today, much less run 100 kilometers.)


Photobucket


I came back much refreshed.

Colour and light might seem like insubstantial things, but they can be such a steady prop and stay to to mah soul.

I've been hungering to get among these goldy grasses for awhile, and just sat with them today. I want to take Sarah down and get her amidst them...Pictures with people are always more interesting. As I said, I came back much refreshed. And Rich Mullins in my head:


Be praised for all Your tenderness
by these works of Your hands
Suns that rise and rains that fall to bless
and bring to life Your land
Look down upon this winter wheat
and be glad that You have made
Blue for the sky and the color green
that fills these fields with praise


except now it's the colour gold filling them up, and that's just as well as far as I'm concerned!



Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

[ pray do not fail to notice the bulgy veins ]

i can see sunlight II

Photobucket


fuzzy friends :)



i can see sunlight


queen anne cheeky lil


[perhaps the fave coming up ]

I walked

So the rest of the beach ones will come...later.

2 comments:

  1. Are these . . . ? Or . . . ? New or old? But they're gorgeous and peaceful regardless of camera model.

    Lovely comp on the first one, but I think my favorites are: with the wheat and the button, "fuzzy friends" below the fence/road, the QA's lace + cattails pair, and the final one. It just tells such a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wheat + button one, too.

    kc

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I love beautiful stuffses. please leave a comment if you pass through! (: