hi.

Thursday 13 May 2010

happy grain

picture credit: Dr. fowler, who crept outside and snapped us singing after we cleaned the pool &yard stuffs.

It's easy enough to obsess over this or that photographic technique. But I realized when I saw this that the photos I'll treasure most are the ones that capture moments like this one, regardless of technical quality. It's like Ames says: "I could never thank God sufficiently for the splendor He has hidden from the world . . . and revealed to me in your sweetly ordinary face". Sweetly ordinary. Like that moment.

And that's a comfort in all of the cliche pictures I've taken too. It bothered me a bit for a while. Those hibiscus oid plants have been photographed times one million and better than my attempt, too. Why carry on? The I realized that's part of the fun of it. And if each one of the thousand were crafted by God and stuck there in the bud to open up, don't they all deserve to be photographed in their splendour? "Precious things have been put into our hands, and to do nothing to honour them is to do great harm". Of course that's not speaking of red flowers. But let 'em be repeats. Repetition isn't shameful. "Encore" is among the highest of compliments and I say it with gusto. Please keep making those red flowers with the odd pollen shafts! They're beautiful! As Robinson says, "This is an interesting planet. It deserves all the attention you can give it." Photography helps me pay attention. Close attention, with my new happy zoom! Hurrah!



101_7176


2 comments:

  1. I agree. This photo to me sums up the difference between your last two years of highschool and mine, in a beautiful way. :)

    Is that you playing the guitar?

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. what d'you mean?

    ja, I am one cum guitaro :)

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I love beautiful stuffses. please leave a comment if you pass through! (: