hi.

Monday 24 May 2010

days 2 & 3 in fethiye


I've gotten behind in blogging the Fethiye/Oludeniz trip, what with all the excitement about Canon Unnamed. Day 2 we actually went into Fethiye proper. Highlights included: freshly squeezed carrot juice (for. . . Sarah); stumbling upon the best pide I've ever eaten; accidentally spying some Lycean tombs on our way to dinner! Sniffing our way around tiny cobbley lanes to get to said tombs. Getting to the foot of said tombs and not having to pay any touristy fees after dad conversed genially with the fee-collector guy. Sunset over Fethiye as seen from said tombs. Drive back home in the dark. Etc. :)



The area right at the foot of the tombs was like a venture into east Turkey...grandpas out smoking and covered grandmas without waddling across the cobblestone (!) road. The car barely made it through some of the narrower passages.

We parked right under this:

The tombs are odd. They're right up there near Fethiye; I was looking up at a sign to cross the street or something when I caught sight of them. Hey guys, ancient-looking thingies!

So we went. And my pictures are all blurry. Sorry.



Up at the base of the tombs, turned around and this is what you see. Prolly my favorite picture of the day (which isn't saying much with this batch!).



Photobucket

Fethiye bay/iskele area where people try to sell you boat tours.



And for the refreshment of the eyes after all that, a few snippets from Canon Unnameable.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
soocPhotobucket





PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket



More Fethiye coming!

2 comments:

  1. That is some serious shallow DOF. And bokeh. Are you enjoying your new bokeh? *grin*

    Lovin' the cactus and the lemon on the plate. And the guitar. I love your light in the last collection of photos. Bright but cloudy day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the guitar one. guitar makes me happy. did i mention I like the guitar one? ;)

    kc

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I love beautiful stuffses. please leave a comment if you pass through! (: