hi.

Wednesday 7 July 2010

day 23 - not for sale

Ye card reader is dead; this is not from today. Olde & unposted.

In which I go Out On A Limb.

When I first began following some 365 projects on flickr, I was surprised by how many self-portraiters there are out there. My initial thought was: well that's narcissistic. But I've come to respect some of the photographers who (ironically) use self-portraits to portray something beside themselves. They're in the picture, but that's because models aren't readily available or are perhaps harder to communicate the concept to. They're in the picture to portray an emotion, a mood, a concept, a story or simply because pictures with people in them are more interesting and beautiful in general. They're present, but they're not the subject.

So I found my preconceived notions challenged.

I've been wanting to do some trafficking concept photography, but all ideas were too far-fetched until I thought of doing some simple selfies. These are inspired by an awareness art exhibit in which a painting used a price tag. Not entirely what I envisioned, but they caught some of the idea. Definitely going to continue experimenting. Here's one:


Photobucket

some more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I love beautiful stuffses. please leave a comment if you pass through! (: